Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in La Puente during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Temp Air System Inc. will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
- If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to not work?
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Temp Air System Inc. and we’ll return your home to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.