Whether you enjoy winter or desire the warmer months in La Puente, a lot of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a big impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Check weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your space warm. Keep them open when the sun is shining during the day, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it needs to be changed. We suggest at least once every three months, but the time between replacements can vary among households.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – Programmable thermostats may seem like just a convenient way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also save you money! You can arrange temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. It’s just one way to be more efficient and help with energy costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a powerful tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Schedule routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will give you peace of mind that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—regardless of your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. An expert at Temp Air System Inc. can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means your heating system will have a longer life.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Temp Air System Inc. in La Puente a call to begin. Give us a shout or book an appointment with us online.