Why is regular maintenance important?
Just like you need to take your car to the shop for normal tune-ups, such as oil changes or inspecting potential issues, your home comfort system should receive the same kind of attention. Regular maintenance by a professional technician provides a variety of benefits to your HVAC equipment, which can help your systems work efficiently and prevent costly breakdowns.
How much will the new heating and air conditioner cost?
The cost varies depending on the equipment size and different features, so we recommend contacting Temp Air System Inc to receive a quote.
What is two-stage heating?
With two-stage heating, furnaces may work on two different levels: high and low. Since you can heat your home on the low setting a majority of the time, a two-stage furnace can run longer and more efficiently. Two-stage heating also works more quietly than traditional furnaces and can give you more even heat distribution and fewer temperature swings.
Do the HVAC systems that Temp Air System Inc carries offer advanced technologies?
Temp Air System Inc offers several different brands and models that have advanced technology to help heat and cool your home more efficiently. Technology in the newer HVAC systems provides more precision when it comes to supporting your home comfort needs. If you need more information, please contact our experts.
How will my new furnace work differently from my old one?
Depending on how old your previous furnace was, you could experience a number of differences. Furnaces today are created to offer more even and efficient heating than ever before. Modern furnaces also better regulate temperature and airflow, moving more air over the heat exchanger than older furnaces.
Additionally, new furnaces are designed to operate with other high-efficiency HVAC products, such as air conditioners. The air conditioner blowers give your heating system an extra lift so it can deliver cool air around your home efficiently. Special features like variable speed motors will also help decrease noise associated with operating your equipment and easily meet your family’s airflow needs.
What energy efficiency standard should I look for in an air conditioner in La Puente?
The Department of Energy recently increased the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps, and packaged units manufactured after Jan. 1, 2015, since heating and cooling contribute significantly to a home’s total energy usage. The requirements vary by region, so call Temp Air System Inc for the efficiency standards for La Puente.
How can I reduce my energy costs?
There are many ways to lower your energy costs and one of the best ways is to make sure you have an energy-efficient HVAC system. Temp Air System Inc offers many highly efficient products that will help reduce the amount of energy you are using and save you money. In addition to looking for products that have the Energy Star® certification, high SEER ratings for air conditioners, or AFUE ratings for furnaces, here are some other steps to consider:
- Remember to schedule regular maintenance and have an experienced contractor take a look at your system to make sure its running efficiently.
- If you have clear areas of your home that you need to heat or cool, you may want to consider a zoning system. This allows you to target that area and reduces wasted energy on heating or cooling areas that aren’t used.
- Programmable or smart thermostats make it easier to maintain your home comfort while not wasting energy to heat or cool your space if you aren’t home. It is an easy way to decrease energy costs and once you set it, you can walk away and be confident its going to take care of your indoor comfort.
What are the benefits of purchasing my new HVAC system from Temp Air System Inc?
Temp Air System Inc has been serving the La Puente community for many years and has been delivering trustworthy and dependable service. Our service and the products we carry are of the highest quality and you won’t be disappointed in the results. Our experienced team is here to help you achieve your ideal home comfort.
What can I do to improve my homes indoor air quality?
There are four things to review when increasing your indoor air quality:
- The indoor air quality in your house starts to suffer when the air begins filling up with air pollutants. The biggest concern is removing these pollutants. Some to-dos to add to your weekly checklist is vacuuming, washing your linens and ensuring any cleaning products are stored properly.
- Especially in newer homes, the insulation is installed so well that it might be difficult for these pollutants to leave the home. While it helps to keep your home warm or cool, depending on the season, its important to get some fresh air inside.
- Make sure that you have good ventilation and schedule routine maintenance on your system. And while that’s helpful, you can also take your IAQ even further by using air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems to get rid of particles while eliminating chemical vapors.
- Smart or programmable thermostats can manage humidity levels as well as the temperature. This can help avert germs and other particles from collecting while sustaining your home comfort.
How can I find out which indoor air quality product is right for my home?
Each house brings a unique situation, which is why we advise that you contact our team at Temp Air System Inc to find out which solution will be best for your space. Our team will conduct an evaluation of your current system and discuss what your ideal home comfort looks like. That will help us determine which products will be most effective.
How does an air conditioner work?
You may be surprised to learn that air conditioners don’t technically make your home cooler; they actually remove the hot air and direct it outside. This hot air is pushed across a refrigerant coil on the indoor unit and then is sent to the outdoor unit where it is released. Your air conditioner moves as much hot air outside as is necessary to reach the temperature you have set on your thermostat.
What is the minimum energy efficiency standard for air conditioners in my state?
Minimum energy efficiency standards vary by region. Additionally, air conditioners, heat pumps, and packaged units made after Jan. 1, 2015, have higher minimum efficiency levels than products manufactured prior to that date. The team at Temp Air System Inc can help you figure out the minimum requirements for La Puente, let you know if your current products meet those requirements, or help you find a replacement air conditioner that does.
How can I confirm the model and serial numbers for my cooling unit?
Your system’s service panel should have a white label on it, with your systems model and serial numbers at the top. M/N signifies the systems model number and S/N is the serial number.
How do I guess what size equipment I should purchase?
Since equipment size needs vary by home, the best way to determine the correct size equipment for your home is to have a technician from Temp Air System Inc come out to perform load calculation tests. The tests take factors such as square footage, insulation value and amount, and more into account to determine your home’s HVAC equipment needs.
Can frost, ice, dirt, or other debris keep the outdoor unit of my cooling system from operating effectively?
Yes, debris can limit your system’s ability to function effectively. It’s normal for heat pumps to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but many include defrost controls so they can work efficiently regardless of the weather conditions.
What is two-stage cooling?
When a cooling system has two-stage cooling, it means that there are two levels of operation. This lets the system work more efficiently since there is one level for milder weather and a second for harsher weather that demands the system work harder. Two-stage cooling also enables slight temperature changes so you don’t experience extreme differences in temperature. Aside from better efficiency, other benefits of two-stage cooling include quieter operation and better humidity control.
Why is my system freezing up?
When your cooling unit freezes up, there are a number of reasons why it could be doing so. The most common reasons include dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporative coil, and a faulty blower motor or relay. A dirty filter is something you can take care of as a homeowner, but the others need to be fixed by a professional like those at Temp Air System Inc.
What is the best thermostat to use for my cooling system?
Temp Air System Inc offers a number of great thermostat options for your HVAC systems. The best thermostat for you will depend on a variety of variables, such as whether you want one that’s programmable or not. No matter what kind of thermostat you’d like or if you’re in the market for something that can fit with a home automation system call Temp Air System Inc to hear about which thermostats you can choose from. Our team will help you find one that’s right for your system, your family’s needs, and your budget.
What is a heat pump?
A heat pump takes care of both your home’s heating and cooling needs, offering you one HVAC system that can be used all year. In the warmer months, heat pumps act like an air conditioner, capturing the hot air from inside your home and moving it outside; in the cooler months, this process is reversed. Heat pumps can be very energy efficient and may produce two to three times more heat than the energy it uses.
When replacing the outdoor unit, should the indoor unit also be replaced?
At Temp Air System Inc, we do recommend replacing both your indoor and outdoor units at the same time because:
- Nowadays, outdoor systems are built to work with their matching indoor system for the most efficiency. When you replace one system but not the other, you may not see the same savings on your energy bills as if you had replaced them together.
- Thanks to technological improvements, newer systems mean increased efficiency. This is true for heating and cooling products as well. While the advancements focus on higher heating and cooling efficiency, they also include benefits such as better air handling, filtering, and noise reduction.
- If your heating and cooling systems are over 10 years old, they need to be replaced. Older models have outdated technology that is likely contributing to higher energy bills due to poor efficiency. So by replacing your indoor system at the same time as your outdoor equipment, both your systems will provide better energy efficiency that helps you decrease your energy bills and keep your home more comfortable.
Can I see whether my solar HVAC system is performing at its full potential?
Your home energy system may have a communication module that sends performance stats to an online site or portal. You can visit this to monitor your system’s status, the amount of energy being produced and the positive influence you are having on the environment. You can also take a look at your owner’s manual for recommendations on monitoring performance.
Do I need to clean my solar modules?
Rain will clean the modules automatically in most areas; however, if you live in a dusty area, you may see improved performance after periodically spraying the modules with water. Please note that high-pressure hoses and detergents should never be used to clean solar modules, as they can harm the product.
Which thermostat is best for my HVAC system?
Temp Air System Inc can help suggest the right thermostat for you based on your home and current heating and cooling equipment. We have a variety of programmable and non-programmable thermostats, which can help increase the efficiency of the furnace of your home and/or air conditioner. Browse our thermostats or give us a call for more information.
How can I improve my energy costs?
A large portion of your monthly energy bills can be attributed to your heating and cooling system. It makes sense because our home comfort is an important aspect of our day-to-day lives. Thankfully, there are high-efficiency solutions from Temp Air System Inc that can keep you comfortable while also lowering energy costs. When it’s time for you to shop for a new HVAC system, there are a couple of things to consider. You’ll want to select air conditioners with high SEER ratings and furnaces with high AFUE ratings. These ratings measure efficiency, so the greater the number the better off you’ll be when it comes to saving on energy costs. You can also consider these tips:
- Keep your system operating to its best ability by arranging routine maintenance. It helps sustain efficiency and make sure everything is working properly.
- Consider a zoning system if you only have specific rooms that need to be heated or cooled. There is no need to waste energy adjusting the temperature in a room that is never, or rarely used.
- The U.S. Department of Energy indicates that programmable thermostats can save up to 35 percent on heating costs and 25 percent on cooling costs. There are a lot of programmable and smart thermostat options that are easy to use and vary in the type of features so you can find an option that you are comfortable with.
Why should I purchase a zoning system?
A zoning system allows you to divide your home and heat or lower the temperature in each area differently. While these systems function well for houses that have areas that are seldom used, they can also be beneficial in situations where you and your family can’t agree on the temperature in certain parts of your residence. There are a collection of additional benefits of zoning systems, such as efficiency and comfort. Browse our selection of zoning systems or give Temp Air System Inc a ring to see how a zoning system could fit in your home.