The changing weather in La Puente can mean several things, from the changing seasons to flicking off the switch of your air conditioner for the colder months. Of course, total home comfort is your year-round goal, but sometimes our heating and cooling equipment doesn’t feel like cooperating. That doesn’t mean that you’re automatically destined for AC repair though.
When your air conditioner stops working or you notice it behaving weirdly, there are a few things you can check on before calling in the team at Temp Air System Inc. for AC repair. Here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to try before giving us a call.
- Check your thermostat
This is one of the most basic checks that homeowners can do on their own and could solve the problem more than they’d like to admit. Make sure your thermostat is:
- Set to “cool”
- Programmed to be around room temperature
- Working with a new battery
- Look at the air conditioner filter
Dirty filters can cause air conditioners to act weirdly, making them shut down without notice and without making a sound. Air conditioner filters have been the cause of a lot of AC repair calls in the past, but there’s no reason to pick up the phone when you can exchange it yourself. Not to mention that a dirty air conditioner filter decreases your system’s efficiency and inhibits airflow.
- Find and inspect your air conditioner’s switches
Most of the time, switches to your air conditioner are found:
- Close to the air conditioner itself and typically look like your regular light switch.
- At your circuit breaker panel. Identify the breaker that controls your air conditioner and figure out if it is in the middle position or the Off position. If it is, cycle the breaker to Off and then re-set it back to the On position.
- Open all of your vents
A typical mistake among homeowners is to close vents in unoccupied rooms, but this might lead to a need for AC repair. Closing these vents may potentially cause your system to be less efficient and stop working because of added airflow pressure.
If you’ve done these four troubleshooting tips and still aren’t having any luck getting your system back operating, it’s probably time to give us a shout. The team at Temp Air System Inc. in La Puente is here to be sure all of your AC repair needs are met, so give us a call to set up an appointment with us.